Sexual and Reproductive Health
Violations of women’s sexual and reproductive health rights are frequent and take many forms including denial of access to services that are essential to maintain the health of women. Subjecting women’s access of services ‐ often of poor quality ‐ to third party authorization are also common occurrences, as are performances of procedures like forced sterilization, virginity examinations, and abortions without the woman’s consent.
The objective of Project Jaagrathi is to:
- Provide access to information, knowledge and counselling services to help ensure the health and well‐being of women and their families, including advice on family planning.
- Advocate good health practises through campaigns
- Ensure that the obligation of states to take deliberate, concrete, and targeted steps towards fulfilling the right to health in the context of pregnancy and childbirth are met
- Remove barriers and provide access to health services and promote community health.
- Collaborate with our partners to ensure that reproductive rights and SRH are given increased priority in policies, planning and budget allocations in Health and other relevant sectors.